In the
Unlikely Event, an all-new
“messy,
sexy, laugh-out-loud, cry-out-loud romance” from USA Today bestselling
author L.J. Shen, is coming November 19th and we have a sneak peek of chapter
one!
A one-night stand born
from vengeance in a foreign land.
An explosive chemistry
neither of us could deny.
We signed a contract on
the back of a Boar’s Head Pub napkin that said if we ever met again, we would
drop everything and be together.
Eight years and thousands
of miles later, he’s here.
In New York.
And he’s America’s music
obsession.
The intangible Irish poet
who brings record executives to their knees.
The blizzard in my
perfect, unshaken snow globe.
Last time we spoke, he was
a beggar with no intention of becoming a king.
But a king he became, and
now I’m his servant.
I’m not the same broken
princess Malachy Doherty put back together with his callused hands.
I have a career I love.
A boyfriend I adore.
An apartment, a roommate,
a life.
I changed. He changed,
too.
But Mal kept the napkin.
Question is, will I keep
my word?
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2lSW5tE
Be notified FIRST when In
the Unlikely Event goes live: http://bit.ly/36MnmAQ
Sneak
Peek from In the Unlikely Event:
Chapter
One
Present day
Rory
My life is contained in a
round, beautiful snow globe.
The kind no one has bothered to
pick up from the dusty shelf in years. Unshaken. Quiet and still. From the
outside, my manicured Swiss village looks perfect. And it is. Kind of. At
twenty-six, it appears I have my life together.
Perfect job.
Perfect apartment.
Perfect roommate.
Perfect boyfriend.
Perfect lies.
Well, they’re not lies, per se.
All my accomplishments are real. I worked hard for them. Problem is, I promised
eight years ago to give them all away in the blink of an eye if I bumped into him
again. But back then, I wasn’t the same person I am today.
I was lost. Grieving. Broken.
Confused.
Not that it matters, because
that was then, and this is now, and it’s not him I’m staring at. Nope.
There’s no way.

Comments
Post a Comment